Without a doubt Colonial style shutters are now one of the best window dressings available. Not just because they look absolutely stunning, but also because of their practicality. They are easy to keep clean and free of household dust and mites that can cause allergies and they have exceptional insulation qualities. Not only do they help greatly to keep heat in and cold out, lowering heating bills, which is one of the reasons why they are so popular in large cities and busy towns.
Shutters Colonial Style
Naturally this type of exceptional quality will not be as cheap as buying a pair of curtains, but as they have a lifespan of up to 20 years or more, the investment is well worth the initial outlay. There are so many different shutter styles, colours and finishes and as they will be made-to-measure you are assured a perfect fit, with minimum light bleed, even with the most awkward shaped windows and doors.
Discover Five Of The Best Colonial Style Shutter Ideas
- The natural classic style – one of the great things about Colonial style shutters is their versatility. The design allows them to fit perfectly into any age or style of property, from period through to contemporary. They will never look dated and when you want to change your colour scheme or décor, whatever you choose, they will fit right in.
- Contemporary designs – many architect designed and modern homes have windows of all different shapes and sizes, which is where your custom built shutters will win hands down. No matter what your requirements, makers of quality Colonial style shutters such as S:CRAFT will be able to provide the perfect solutions.
- Don’t hide that glorious view – wonderful vistas come in many different forms, from rolling hills to cityscapes; whichever one you have doesn’t matter – you want to be able to enjoy it. Your shutters will allow you to appreciate your view at any time during the day or night, without losing privacy.
- Organic looking colours – look at nature to see just what a stunning colour palette is on offer with Colonial style shutters. Not just the colours that come with natural woods, but organic shades such as beige, greens and creamy yellows, allowing nature to inspire your décor ?.
- Private modern living, regardless of the neighbours – shutters not only look absolutely gorgeous, they also give maximum privacy control. If your property is overlooked by other houses or apartments, or perhaps is on a busy street where passersby can see into your rooms, then this is the perfect solution to ensure your freedom from interference.
The Cost of Plantation Shutters In The Modern Home
There are many excellent reasons for choosing shutters. Their aesthetic appeal is indisputable and they will certainly give that wonderful interior designer look to any room.
Put this together with added privacy and insulation qualities, once your Colonial style shutters have been installed, you will be able to fully appreciate what a wonderful choice you have made.